July 1, 2021 – July of 2021 marks the beginning of an even better partnership between the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital and Randy’s Flooring of Coralville and Cedar Rapids. Randy’s Flooring has teamed up with Shaw Floors to increase our donation to the Children’s Hospital. For every square foot of Shaw Find Your Comfort carpet and Comfort-Gel cushion sold, ten cents will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa.
Since beginning our partnership in July 2018, Randy’s Flooring has donated over $45,000 to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. We have committed a new goal to donate a total of $150,000 over five years. For every square foot of Shaw Find Your Comfort carpet and Comfort-Gel cushion sold, ten cents will be donated to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
Randy’s Flooring offers the largest selection of flooring in Eastern Iowa but we have made it easy to choose a better carpet and cushion while helping children in our community. The Shaw Find Your Comfort carpet is showcased on a convenient Color Wall that displays on-trend options. Each color or style on the wall is an option for our 5 cent per square foot donation and when it is paired with the Comfort-Gel cushion, another 5 cents will be donated for every square foot sold.
Shaw Find Your Comfort Carpet
The Anso® nylon Color Wall features multiple carpet styles in 80 stunning colors. This wall of color showcases the wide breadth of color options available.You can choose warm tones or cool. Neutrals or color. Solid color and tonals and flecks. Gray influences, muted tones, and new neutrals can be found in this popular collection’s updates.
- Green: All carpets made from this fiber can be recycled
- Resilient: Shaw's Anso nylon offers superior resilience over other natural or synthetic fiber
- Experience: Anso is one of the longest-running and most trusted brands in the flooring industry and has been offering the most extensive warranty package in the industry for more than 40 years.
- Anti-soil: All Anso nylon products are treated with Shaw's patented R2X stain and soil resistance treatment.
- Tough: Anso nylon carpets are tough. It's what allows all Anso nylon styles to carry the Anso nylon transferable, non-prorated and labor-inclusive lifetime stain and soil and lifetime pet stain warranty. Plus, the products are backed with SoftBac Platinum, a proprietary backing system that offers a no-wrinkle warranty.
Comfort-Gel Cushion by Carpenter Co.
- Manufactured from the same premium gel used in the top-selling luxury mattresses.
- Breathable moisture barrier that keeps most spills above the cushion.
- Compromised of approximately 90% recycled urethane trim.
- Hypoallergenic-ozone friendly (No CFC’S).
- Proprietary Odor Guard Technology helps to reduce or eliminate odor caused by pet accidents and most food/beverage spills.
"I’m excited about the partnership with the Children’s Hospital, and even more thrilled to know that the employees of Randy’s Flooring are actively involved in promoting such a wonderful cause.”
- Randy Ward, President of Randy’s Flooring
UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital has been committed to improving the health and well-being of children in the state and surrounding region for nearly 90 years. Today, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital is a nationally recognized pediatric center of excellence, providing comprehensive health-care services for children of all ages. As part of an academic medical center, UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital also performs groundbreaking research to help solve the mysteries of childhood diseases, in addition to training the next generation of health-care professionals.
Proceeds from the carpet cushion campaign will be directed to the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Fund at the University of Iowa Foundation. The University of Iowa acknowledges the UI Foundation as the preferred channel for private contributions that benefit all areas of the university.
To learn more about Shaw Find Your Comfort carpet and comfort-gel cushion, stop into either of our local showrooms or contact us here. If you are not in the market for carpet or carpet cushion, but would still like to donate to the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Fund at the University of Iowa Foundation, visit its website at http://www.uifoundation.org/.